Converting .exe to .jpeg
Converting .exe to .jpeg
1. Firstly, create a new folder and make sure that the options 'show hidden files' is checked and ‘hide extensions for
known file types’ is unchecked. Basically what u need is to see hidden files and see the extension of all your files on
2. Paste a copy of your server on the new created folder. let's say it's called server.exe
(that's why you need the extension of files showing, cause you need to see it to change it)
3. Now you’re going to rename this server.exe to whatever you want, let’s say for example picture.jpeg
4. Windows is going to warn you if you really want to change this extension from exe to jpeg, click YES.
5. Now create a shortcut of this picture.jpeg in the same folder.
6. Now that you have a shortcut, rename it to whatever you want, for example, me.jpeg.
7. Go to properties (on file me.jpeg) and now you need to do some changes there.
8. First of all delete all the text on field START IN and leave it empty.
9. Then on field TARGET you need to write the path to open the other file (the server renamed picture.jpeg) so u
have to write this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c picture.jpeg
10. The last field, c picture.jpeg is always the name of the first file. If you called the first file soccer.avi you
gotta write C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c soccer.avi got it?
11. So what you’re doing is when someone clicks on me.jpeg, a cmd will execute the other file picture.jpeg and the
server will run.
12. On that file me.jpeg (shortcut), go to properties and you have an option to change the icon. click that and a
new window will pop up and u have to write this: %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll . Then press OK.
13. You can set the properties HIDDEN for the first file (picture.jpeg) if you think it’s better to get a connection
14. But don’t forget one thing, these 2 files must always be together in the same folder and to get connected
to someone they must click on the shortcut created not on the first file. So rename the files to whatever you want
considering the person and the knowledge they have on this matter.
15. For me for example I always want the shortcut showing first so can be the first file to be opened.
So I rename the server to picture2.jpeg and the shortcut to picture 1.jpeg. This way the shortcut will show up first.
If you set hidden properties to the server (picture.jpeg) then u don’t have to bother with this detail but I’m warning
you, the hidden file will always show up inside of a zip file or rar.
16. So the best way to send these files together to someone is compress them into zip or rar.
17. inside the RAR or ZIP file you can see the files properties and even after all this work you can see that the
shortcut is recognized like a shortcut but hopefully the person you sent this too doesn’t know that and is going to